SQL Power Business Intelligence Productivity Tools

SQL Power Software Forum

SQL Power Software Forum

[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Menu option / navigation button options  XML
Forum Index » SQL Power Wabit Discussion
JBrown

It took me a while to figure out how to move back from the page layout to the query playpen view - perhpas a button and/or file options from the main menue would be useful for this

I also found it difficult to figure out how to create a new query - perhaps a button and/or file options from the main menu would be useful for this
Thomas

Hi JBrown,

It took me a while to figure out how to move back from the page layout to the query playpen view - perhpas a button and/or file options from the main menue would be useful for this

To make navigation easier we can add an option to the right click menu of result sets on reports to take you to the query editor for that query. I've added bug 2116 to add this menu option. We would not be able to add a button to the toolbar or a file menu to take you back to the query as a report can contain multiple results from different queries. Additionally, in 0.9.8, we will be separating charts from reports so having a "take me to your editor" menu option when right clicking on a chart would also be useful.

I also found it difficult to figure out how to create a new query - perhaps a button and/or file options from the main menu would be useful for this

In 0.9.8 we have added a large "New" button above the workspace tree which, when clicked, will display a menu that can create a new object (query, image, chart, report, workspace) in your current workspace.

Thomas

Forum Index » SQL Power Wabit Discussion
Go to: